The Managing Director of GeoVisions shapes and executes the overall commercial strategy to drive business growth and market share […]
I am a strategic thinker with a commercial, business-minded focus.
I inspire and lead my team by empowering them and nurturing a culture of innovation.
I use my creativity and a collaborative approach to build productive, sustained partnerships with diverse stakeholders around the globe.
If these statements describe you, then this may be a great opportunity for you! Our company facilitates cultural exchange programs that allow residents of other countries to develop valuable life and professional experience, expand their knowledge, and make new friends in local communities across the U.S. The Managing Director of GeoVisions, in collaboration with the CEO of our holding company, shapes and executes the overall commercial strategy to drive business growth and market share. As the top executive for GeoVisions, we expect you to have a business and financial savvy, embrace global diversity, and lead staff members to effectively manage our programs – Bridge USA Summer Work & Travel, Intern, and Trainee and Teach. The Managing Director participates as a member of our Global Leadership Team for the holding company.
Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Strategize, execute, and deliver on the GeoVisions business plan and budget, plus develop business budgets, goals, and new revenue streams to drive commercial growth in the coming years;
- Understands business financials and the seasonality of cash flow in order to align business plans, decisions, and budgets so they generate sustainability in future years;
- Lead and motivate the team by offering guidance, advice, and clear communication of expectations and KPIs for performance and career development planning;
- Oversee all aspects of the business to ensure that principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion are effectively integrated throughout our business functions and employment practices;
- Be comfortable with running business uncertainty and creates an environment where calculated risks and strategic decisions can occur in the absence of all the desired information;
- Manage and develop relationships with key State Department contacts, current/potential overseas partners, and stakeholders around the world to generate trust and mutually productive outcomes;
- Measure customer satisfaction by implementing NPS scoring across the various stakeholders, reviewing results, and creating actions to continually improve;
- Be an expert resource for the team on BridgeUSA regulations ensuring that all standard operating procedures are compliant and that the actions and policies of the Company are in accordance with governmental directives;
- Facilitate government policy coordination by regularly communicating the GeoVisions point of view and working with intra-industry working groups to improve cohesion with governmental agencies; and
- Ensure legal and financial compliance plus proper reporting to the U.S. Department of State as required by regulations.
Minimum qualifications for the position include the following:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in the cultural exchange industry with progressively increasing levels of responsibility, including strategic planning, finance/budgets, and people management;
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject required with an MBA preferred, or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience managing and empowering a team of 5+ people using an effective and positive approach designed to support their both professional development and accountability;
- Excellent strategic and critical thinking skills, plus solid financial analysis, planning, and budgeting experience;
- Great communication skills – writing, speaking, and listening – with excellent proficiency in English and one or more additional languages spoken with good proficiency desirable;
- Great interpersonal skills, easily build rapport with a wide variety of people, influencer and skilled at consultative ‘selling’ of services and concepts;
- Works well in a fast-paced environment where priorities may change requiring an agile and calm approach to shifts in direction;
- Must be very comfortable working in person with diverse people from around the globe, understanding cultural nuances and needs, and acting accordingly;
- Must be a positive, pro-active, solutions-oriented person willing to innovate and facilitate the success of the company and employees;
- Travels domestically and internationally throughout the year, approximately 25-30 days, and can work evenings, weekends, and holidays occasionally as required;
- Good proficiency with computers including use of MS Office, and works at a computer and with other technology throughout the workday; and
- Personal interests and experiences in international travel, experiential learning, and others culture are a plus.
Enthusiasm, high energy, and a growth mindset are all necessary for success in our environment.
The position is based in Austin, TX in a hybrid office/remote work environment.
For immediate consideration, send your resume and cover letter (.docx or .pdf format only) directly to email@example.com
Salary TBD DOE. No calls & no recruiters, please. EOE.